Saturday 5 July 2008

Glasgow East By-Election

I'm sure I'll blog on this topic a few times over the next few weeks, but I just wanted to reflect briefly on the campaign activity today.

Despite the rain (I am just about dry now), I had a fantastic day campaigning with SNP members from all over the country. I spoke to some great people on the doorstep, and was heartened to meet many people who consider themselves to be traditional Labour supporters, but either switched to the SNP for last year's election or who have decided to vote for the SNP since the election last May.

Out again tomorrow, so I'd better get some sleep now. Further campaign updates soon.

1 comment:

Southerner in the Great White North said...

The buzz around this one is noticeable all the way across the pond. Labour seem intent on making it more and more interesting by the minute... Good luck to all on the campaign trail.

By the way, Sir Sean Connery's character in The Rock is named John Mason. Surely that's a sign of good luck?!

- Matt from Toronto