Monday 4 June 2007

No bucking bronco, but dinner with a Labour MP

The prospect of visiting an establishment with a bucking bronco loomed large on Saturday night... The occasion? My friend Lindsey's hen night.

Thankfully, I was spared the indignity of mounting (and ultimately falling off) a mechanical bull, and the evening turned out to be a most civilised affair.

I must say a quick hello to Rach and Linds - who, I discovered on Saturday night, are both avid readers of this blog AND scathing critics of my ramblings. Rach and Linds are two of my closest friends (we've now known each other a whole decade girls!), but when it comes to politics we are whole planets apart. Friendship can indeed cross the political divide :o)

Although, I must say, Lindsey's interest in politics (and shift in political allegiance?) only really came to the fore when her soon-to-be father-in-law was elected as a Labour MP in a recent by-election.

She also has a twisted sense of humour. At her wedding, Jamie and I are to be seated with another Labour MP and his wife. Well, at least we'll have more to talk about than the usual small talk about the bride's dress and the speeches. Cheers Linds!

No comments: