Thursday 8 February 2007


Having set up this blog (which was no easy task for a technophobe like me!), I've decided to use it to record my experiences of the Scottish Parliament election campaign. After all, it takes up all of my time these days - apart from work of course.
I've been a member of the SNP since university and I worked as a researcher for the SNP until last year. I also met my husband through the SNP. Jamie (see photo) is standing in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth constituency for the Scottish Parliament. So, I plan to use this blog to give a somewhat unique perspective on the election - that of an activist and candidate's wife!
So far, I would describe my role in this election as Jamie's campaign manager, diary assistant, stylist (very important!), agony aunt, cheerleader, advisor, 'glamorous' assistant and administrative worker - to name a few.
I promise to keep complaints to a minimum, while giving an honest account of life on the campaign trail!

No comments: