Tuesday 3 June 2008

Tiananmen Square - Remembered


It's sod's law. I took a day off work today to get on with some packing, and I woke up feeling rotten! My throat feels like I've swallowed gravel, my head is pounding and my muscles ache...

But I'm not feeling sorry for myself - honest!

Instead, I've actually used this down time for a bit of reflection and to get back to full strength for tomorrow. I'll be in Edinburgh tomorrow, taking part in a demonstration to highlight human rights abuses by the Chinese Government, and to mark those dreadful events in Tiananmen Square on 4 June 1989 when the Chinese authorities massacred democracy protesters.

Tomorrow's demonstration will also focus on the Tiananmen Mothers - mothers who lost their children on that day and who bravely continue to campaign for justice.
You can sign a petition in support of the Tiananmen Mothers here.

No comments: